Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
MONDAY – FRIDAY, no major holidays; 8:30a – 4:30p
Remote (2) days per week after successful completion of Introductory Period
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for, but not limited to, direct supervision of Agency Relations, Development, and Admissions Information (marketing) staff; assuring coordination and enhancement of internal and external communication and marketing materials; development and implementation of marketing and advertising plans to meet agency goals; creative grant writing, request for proposal response, and coordination of special project development; oversight of development events and activities including assuring associated data management; representation of organization in appropriate community relationships, activities and events, working to advance public understanding and perception of agency programs and services. Supports administrative needs as a communications liaison, acting in the best interest of the organization. Promotes positive, productive relationships with senior management staff, the organization, and the public.
1. Provides orientation, supervision, and evaluation of agency relations, development, admissions information, and other staff as may be assigned, including mutual development of goals and objectives.
2. Coordinates and promotes positive interagency communications and relationships.
3. Prepares advertising and marketing plans in response to identified needs and as part of developed agency goals.
4. Oversees implementation of advertising and general marketing efforts.
5. Identifies and prepares performance improvement plans (PIPs) for assigned marketing areas and approaches for measuring achievement, reporting on same.
6. Assures timely and accurate preparation of creative marketing and communications materials
7. Researches and develops grant opportunities and special projects or proposals to address identified agency needs, both independently and as assigned, coordinating efforts with appropriate staff.
8. Responds to routine funding opportunities and new requests for proposals, representing the organization as needed with supporting organizations and foundations.
9. Assists in identifying, and providing for, senior management staff training and development needs.
10. Ensures appropriate representation of the organization at key events and activities to enhance community relations, including the establishment of a positive, productive intermittent liaison relationship with assigned committees, groups and other related entities.
11. Assists with inter-departmental communications and problem solving related to administrative support functions, acting as liaison for senior administration as necessary.
12. Recommends and prepares operational policy and procedure related to administrative functions of position.
13. Prepares required reports and documentation in support of departmental activity or as assigned.
14. Oversees planning and implementation of assigned agency events and communications systems.
15. Acts as liaison to media in relation to assigned areas of responsibility and as appropriate.
16. May supervise other staff, department areas, or special projects as assigned on an intermittent or routine basis.
17. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
18. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
19. Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
20. Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments/duties that are inherent to the position. Other responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the CEO.
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in journalism/communications, marketing, business management/administration, or other applicable field of study to overall job responsibilities;
2. Three years related work experience, at least one year in a health or human services work environment; supervisory/management experience highly preferred;
3. Demonstrated experience in public speaking, grant writing and preparation of public relations, marketing and other written materials;
4. Familiarity and competence with community outreach efforts, innovative marketing of services or products, event planning and oversight;
5. Effective written and verbal communications skills;
6. Computer literacy, including word-processing, database, and publishing programs, including In-Design (preferred);
7. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance;
8. Availability by phone.
Interested candidates should apply directly through Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=homecare%20%26%20hospice&l=Olean%2C%20NY&vjk=17f5ac22a20037bc&advn=3711589486224812