BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Quality, is responsible for, but not limited to, the delivery of employee skills training programs. Will provide, directly or indirectly, staff upgrading in accordance with agency policy; ensure curriculum conformity to regulations; and promote innovative training programs and methodologies to enhance staff competencies.
- Develops or assists in developing training hours, curriculum, and schedules in accordance with regulatory and agency requirements.
- Plans and delivers appropriate classroom training programs, as directed, to assist in the availability of adequate staff.
- Assists in obtaining necessary staffing support for training programs when needed.
- Provides support in the preparation of training curriculum plans in accordance with standards required by regulatory bodies.
- Participates in the orientation of all new staff to agency policy and procedure.
- Assists with training-to-work transition and follow-up for new staff, inclusive of making home visits with new aides or nurses to orient and mentor them, as appropriate and as directed.
- May assist in the planning and coordination of community continuing education.
- Provides monitoring of supervised clinical component to ensure timely completion of this training.
- Provides suggestions for, and assists in coordination of, inservice education needs.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains an obligation to report all wrongdoing or violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations, and as pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Administrator/CEO and/or the Director of Quality Improvement.
- Registered Nurse with two (2) years nursing experience, at least one (1) year of which has been in the provision of home health care services.
- Demonstrated teaching, organizational, and communication skills, including effective writing abilities.
- Acceptable driver’s license and use of automobile during work hours.
- Successful completion of NLN proficiency in medication administration exam.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- home health care setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse: 2 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)