Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
Community Care of Western New York, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
Parent organization Community Care of Western New York, Inc. (dba HomeCare & Hospice), a licensed home care and Medicare-certified Hospice program, as well as its PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly) managed care organization, Total Senior Care, and the parent-related Foundation. We are 501(c)(3) organizations with voluntary governing Boards of Directors.
The Administrative Office is located in Olean, NY 14760
HomeCare & Hospice offices are also located in Arcade, NY 14009, Batavia, NY 14020, Little Valley, NY 14755, Wellsville, NY 14895.
Total Senior Care locations are in Olean, NY 14760 and Gowanda, NY 14070
Basic Purpose & Scope
Reporting to the Boards of Directors, is chiefly responsible for the overall leadership and administrative direction of the parent organization Community Care of Western New York, Inc., as well as its PACE organization, Total Senior Care, and the parent’s related Foundation. Provides strategic guidance to the senior management team, ensuring effective, practical, and mission driven planning, service delivery, quality improvement initiatives, communication, human resource development, financial and facility control, resource expansion, and agency advancement. Directly supervises and evaluates administrative officers and other key staff as defined by the tables of organization. As liaison to, and chief agent of, the Boards of Directors, provides support to governance and strategic planning processes, ensuring implementation of board policies and integration of defined goals, as well as organizational compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Salary Range: $120,000- $140,000, also negotiable based on relevant experience.
Relocation assistance: up to $1,500
Residency Expectation: Reasonable Commuting Distance to Olean, NY Required.
Benefits Include: Generous time off package, Health Insurance, 403(b), Travel Reimbursement, professional memberships, etc.
Minimum Requirements for his Position:
1. A master’s degree from an accredited institution in nursing, business management/ administration, social sciences, or related field;
2. Five years executive level or senior administrative work experience which included the direct oversight of both clinical and administrative functions of a Hospice, PACE, LHCSA and/or significantly related program of care, also reflecting financial management responsibilities of the program;
3. Basic knowledge of state and federal regulations applicable to PACE, Hospice, and NYS licensed home care;
4. Demonstrated competence in budget development and oversight;
5. Effective critical thinking and both written and verbal communications skills;
6. Computer literacy, including word processing and data management programs;
7. Demonstrated organizational, management, and supervisory skills;
8. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
9. Three (3) professional work-related references;
10. Completion of background check with acceptable findings.
1. Develops and guides the overall plan of work for the senior management team based on strategic goals established in concert with the Boards of Directors and as necessary to carry out the mission of the organizations.
2. Articulates a vision for the organizations for boards, senior management, staff, volunteers, and community.
3. Enables and supports activities that seek to balance fiscal integrity with growth of services and support of employees.
4. Exhibits critical thinking skills in the establishment of work plans, process, and policy.
5. Provides orientation, supervision, and evaluation of assigned staff, including opportunity for mutual development of goals and objectives.
6. Directly participates as a servant-leader for senior management to ensure that critical processes, required reporting, and communications are enhanced and maintained.
7. Maintains positive and productive liaison relationships with regulators, professional associations, government officials, and key community members.
8. Facilitates and enhances role of the board of directors in governance of the organization.
9. Communicates effectively with the media and general public as part of routine relations and as may be required as spokesperson for the organizations.
10. Serves as an integral member of the organizations’ quality improvement teams, providing oversight of improvement processes as needed and appropriate.
11. Reports to and interacts routinely with the Boards of Directors and via its committees to provide information related to identified interests, goal development and achievement, and mission critical initiatives.
12. Ensures the preparation of an annual report, audited financial statements, and required reports and documentation in support of the organizations’ activities.
13. Recommends corrective action plans, new project development, and activities in support of organizational goals and in response to identified strengths or challenges.
14. Keeps abreast of current laws, regulations, and trends affecting the organizations.
15. Serves as liaison to internal agency committees as may be required to assist in the resolution of identified issues or further the organizations mission.
16. Routinely reviews overall staffing of the organization, table of organization, and internal structure to ensure optimal functioning within budgetary constraints.
17. Sets, maintains, and articulates high ethical standards for the organization and its relationship to employees, volunteers, and community.
18. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to:
Linda Johnson, Human Resources Director
716.372.2106 | LJohnson@homecare-hospice.org
Candidates are requested to submit the following to apply:
A resume and cover letter, and organization’s application that can be downloaded HERE.
Email all the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Attn: Linda Johnson, Human Resources Director
Community Care of Western New York, Inc.
1225 West State Street,
Olean, NY 14760
Expected position start date is March 29, 2021.
Resume and application due by November 12, 2020.
Applicants selected for interview will be sent additional organizational information.
The parent organization will be celebrating 50 years as a home care provider and 30 years as a Medicare certified Hospice provider in 2021. The PACE (program of all-inclusive care for the elderly) managed care organization began services in 2009. Within the Hospice program, a palliative care option was initiated in 2015, known as Comfort Partners. The HomeCare & Hospice Foundation was established in 2003.
Quality of life benefits to living and working in the community:
Nestled in the rolling foothills of the Allegheny Mountains in Southwestern New York state, the city of Olean sits on the banks of the Allegheny River in close proximity to the 65,000-acre Allegany State Park, the largest park in the New York state park system. The countryside is a panorama of rolling farmland, forests and picturesque waterways; its wooded hilltops overlook valleys.
The Olean area is nearby St. Bonaventure University with its Division 1 athletics program, the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, and the Cattaraugus County Campus of Jamestown Community College. The region offers numerous recreational opportunities. Holiday Valley, one of the top ski resorts in the east, is just 25 minutes away. Kayaking on the Allegheny River is enjoyed by many while area lakes provide swimming, boating, fishing and sailing opportunities. The rolling hills and picturesque lakes provide a beautiful setting for numerous recreational pursuits including golf, boating, swimming, biking, hiking, cycling, rock climbing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
The NFL’s Buffalo Bills and NHL’s Buffalo Sabres play in nearby Buffalo and the Finger Lakes wine country is just an hour east of Olean. Also nearby is the Chautauqua Institution, a world-renowned cultural center for the arts, education and life improvement, located on picturesque Chautauqua Lake. For more information about Olean, NY, including its Hospital, medical services, major employers, and other important resources, as well as other locations in our primary service areas, please visit the links below.
• Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce: www.oleanny.com/Community.aspx
• City of Olean: www.cityofolean.com
• Cattaraugus County: www.cattco.org
• Allegany County: www.alleganyco.com/
• Genesee County: www.co.genesee.ny.us
• Wyoming County: www.wyomingco.net
• Chautauqua County: www.chqgov.com