BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under supervision is responsible for, but not limited to, general secretarial duties as a departmental support staff member. May be assigned to provide administrative support to more than one department based on organizational need.
- Data entry as assigned and related report preparation.
- Completes required electronic information submission.
- Takes and prepares meeting minutes for review, as assigned.
- Completes record filing and copying to support departmental operations
- Maintains updated departmental records and distribution of letters, notices and related information as assigned.
- Arranges bulletin boards and keeps up-to-date with required materials and announcements.
- Schedules appointments.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of job duties.
- Assists with mail sorting, posting, delivery and distribution.
- Provides reception duties, inclusive of message taking, forwarding and call management as directed.
- Completes form supply inventory, ordering, and stocking.
- Gathers information as directed to assist with departmental functions.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policy and applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the supervisor/department director or CEO.
- Associates degree in secretarial science or equivalent program or high school diploma with a prescribed program of secretarial courses plus two years secretarial experience.
- Minimum accurate keyboarding speed of 50 wpm. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated capabilities.
- Familiarity with industry standards of word processing/ computer/ fax/ copier/ multi-line phone system and calculator.
- Organizational abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Acceptable driver’s license and use of automobile during working hours.
Interested candidates can send resumes and cover letters to:
For any questions or for more information, please contact Human Resources at (716) 372-2106