Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Director of Communications, is responsible for, but not limited to, oversight and implementation of public relations, staff information, and administrative services functions. Will prepare and/or advise on internal and external newsletters, press releases, brochures and pamphlets, and advertising related to agency operations and services. Initiates action necessary to maintain office environment, equipment function, and administrative communications to enhance internal operations/relations. Promotes positive agency relations among staff and the public.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments/duties that are inherent to the position. Other responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Administrator/CEO.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in education, human services, journalism/communications, creative writing, or similar field; and
2. Two years related work experience; at least one year in a health or human services work environment; or Associate’s Degree and four years related work experience; at least one year in a health or human services work environment.
3. Computer literacy, including familiarity with word processing, database/spreadsheet, and desktop publishing programs. Experience with Windows environment and Pagemaker desktop publishing system preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience in the preparation of public relations materials, preferably newsletter, brochure, and/or press releases.
5. Effective communication skills.
6. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance. Other requirements (physical) – see attached.