BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Director of Communications is responsible for, but not limited to, oversight and implementation of fundraising and development activities, related public relations and marketing activities. Will carry out assigned fundraising strategies, including coordination within and among organization departments. Initiates marketing methods to accomplish overall development goals in cooperation with other department staff. Responds to funding opportunities which may enhance development goals or agency operations in accordance with organizational goals and mission. Supervises Development Specialist(s) and serves as liaison with identified volunteers. Promotes positive agency relations among staff and the public.
- Recommends strategies to achieve agency goals and objectives regarding development.
- Coordinates the establishment and implementation of the organization’s planning calendar for routine and special agency fundraising and development activities.
- Coordinates preparation of related marketing and public relations materials for development activities.
- With supervisory direction, coordinates fundraising and development activities among employees, volunteers and the general public.
- Participates in appropriate public speaking engagements and in direct solicitation as may be necessary to promote fundraising/development activities.
- Assists in the coordination of staff functions as related to fundraising/development.
- Identities opportunities to promote positive agency relations and provides appropriate follow-up.
- Prepares required reports.
- Processes memorials and donations by entering them into specialized fundraising software and producing gift acknowledgements, assuring timeliness of donor recognition.
- Assists with fundraising events by preparing mailings and recording orders and registration.
- Projects agency image in a professional, positive and caring manner.
- Adheres to a and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serve on agency committees as may be assigned.
- maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations as pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory in-service education programs and any other additional in-service hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments/duties that are inherent to the position. Other responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director of Communications and/or CEO.
- An associate’s degree from an accredited institution in business, marketing, human services, journalism/communications, or similar field OR two years of directly related experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Two years related work experience, at least one year in a health or human services work environment.
- Demonstrated achievement in meeting development or fundraising objectives.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available with current insurance.
- Other requirements (physical).