DIETARY AIDE – TSC
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the supervision of the Center Manager and guidance of the Dietary Coordinator, the dietary aide will perform a variety of food preparation duties including food and beverage preparation, perform and assist in routine sanitation procedures and the maintenance of food service related records including temperature checks, inventory procedures, etc.,.
- Perform defined work routines as assigned by the Dietary Coordinator.
- In conjunction with Dietary Coordinator and Center Manager provide basic guidance and direction of food service related assignments to TSC Aides.
- Work closely with Dietary Coordinator regarding feeding issues, texture changes, appetite changes and day center supplement use.
- Notify Dietary Coordinator of food preferences and tolerances and document as appropriate.
- Understand and follow participant diet orders in preparation and assemble of patient meals and snacks.
- Provide assistance with cooking activities, if needed.
- Return items to proper location in refrigerators, freezers or storerooms properly wrapped and labelled.
- Clean and maintain equipment and surfaces; washing of pots and dishes and quality assurance activities.
- Clean and sanitizes work areas, walk-in storage areas, refrigerators.
- Mop floors and performs special cleaning duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Dispose of food service related refuse as needed and directed.
- Assist in receiving and storing food and supplies.
- Complete documentation requirements daily.
- Adherence to all applicable health and safety codes for food service.
- Follow defined infection control procedures.
- Understand and assist with facility’s emergency storage related food policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and reflective organizational values in daily work.
- Maintain an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations, pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Complete all mandatory in-service education programs and completes any other additional in-service hours that are minimally required for the position.
- All other duties as assigned.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Center Manager/Dietary Coordinator.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience working with the elderly.
- Experience working in food service- preferred.
- Discipline, hard work, and organization are needed to be a successful dietary aide.
- Attention to detail, particularly in portion control, temperature control, food safety and sanitation.
- Work related experience is always an advantage. Candidates should be knowledgeable in food nutrition, health, and diet.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and equipment competencies upon hire, and annually thereafter.
- Ability to read and comprehend diets and regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to lift a minimum of twenty (20) pounds, able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach lift and perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally, economically and educationally diverse populations, and form positive inter personal relations in dealing with a wide range of staff and participants essential.
- Available Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 1:30pm.