ENROLLMENT – INTAKE SPECIALIST
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Enrollment – Intake Services Coordinator, is responsible for, but not limited to, coordination of participant enrollment and intake services for Total Senior Care, Inc., an established Program of the All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) and managed long term care plan in New York State, as well as Daybreak, a certified social model adult day program.
Under supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Total Senior Care policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Provides program information and follow up to telephone or walk-in inquiries and sources of referral.
- Conducts tours of the facility and group and individual presentations of program benefits and services exhibiting professionalism and exceptional customer service.
- Coordinates and case manages all aspects of the intake and enrollment process, compliant with CMS PACE and NYS managed long term care guidelines, including clinical eligibility assessment and full IDT intake assessments.
- Complies with all marketing guidelines related to managed care as set forth by federal, state and agency guidelines and prohibited marketing practices.
- Assists prospective participants and caregivers with applications and documentation needed to facilitate financial eligibility.
- Completes intake and enrollment documentation timely and accurate, and maintains records related to participant referral and enrollment in accordance with the program policy and applicable regulations.
- Serves as liaison to referral sources ensuring relationships are fostered, advanced and cultivated to support census/enrollment development.
- Participates in quality improvement programs/review systems related to enrollment and intake activities.
- Prepares assigned reports.
- Treats all people with dignity and respect following privacy and participant rights policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state, and local laws, and rules and regulations pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Program Director and/or President/CEO.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college and/or institution in health careadministration, health-related or human services field or business administration/management, or licensed practical nursing.
- Two (2) years of career experience with enrollment and intake provisions involving eligibility standards and requirements for health and/or human support services is preferred.
- One year career and/or volunteer experience with the care of the frail elderly.
- Effective oral and written communications required.
- Able to meet the transportation requirements and needs applicable to the position’s duties, functions and responsibilities.
- Use of telephone and telecommunications systems; availability by phone.
- Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
- Other requirements (physical)