Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
$40 – $44 per hour for visits, portal-to-portal.
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under the supervision of a registered professional nurse, the LPN is responsible for providing care to selected patients in their homes.
1. Obtains nursing data on the patient including vital signs, heart and lung sounds, bowel sounds and basic bodily systems.
2. Consistently follows infection control policy and procedures.
3. Prepares clinical and progress notes, completing documentation and required reports in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable protocols.
4. Participates in team meetings or other client/patient conferences as may be assigned.
5. Prepares equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic technique as required.
6. Assists patients in learning self-care techniques by providing care and assistance with activities of daily living, assisting patient to follow a prescribed diet and assistance with rehabilitation measures.
7. Implementation of the plan of care, including the provision of skilled nursing services as authorized by a physician and as supervised by the RN.
8. Administration of other treatments, as may be prescribed, and as defined as permitted by agency policy and regulatory requirements.
9. Available for subject-to-call assignment as outlined in hire letter.
10. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work
11. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
12. Maintains obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations, as pertaining to agency operations to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
13. Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the (Senior) RN Care Coordinator, Nursing Services Manager, or CEO.
1. Current license and registration to practice nursing in the state of New York as a LPN.
2. Able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone, and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
5. Minimum of six (6) months hospital or nursing home experience required.
6. Successful completion of NLN proficiency in medication administration exam.
7. Use of telephone and availability by telephone.