Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the supervision and direction of the Senior RN Care Coordinator (SRNCC), or as may be delegated to RN Care Coordinator staff, the LPN Specialist is responsible for providing care to selected patients in their homes and supporting care management functions of RN staff in both the home setting and the office environment. Routine patient care assignments are made by the scheduling department in collaboration with the SRNCC for LPN and Hospice Aide (when necessary) levels of care. Other visits may be coordinated by the supervising nurse in the event of immediate needs that arise and in support of RN staff. The SRNCC oversees care management support functions in the office environment.
1. Obtains nursing data on the participant including vital signs, heart and lung sounds, bowel
sounds and basic bodily systems.
2. Consistently follows infection control policy and procedures.
3. Prepares clinical and progress notes, completing documentation and required reports in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable protocols.
4. Participates in team meetings or other family/participant conferences as may be assigned.
5. Prepares equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic technique as required.
6. Assists participants in learning self-care techniques by providing care and assistance with activities of daily living, assisting participant to follow a prescribed diet and assistance with rehabilitation measures.
7. Implementation of the plan of care, including the provision of skilled nursing services as authorized by a physician, within the scope of license, and as supervised by the RN.
8. Administration of other treatments, as may be prescribed, and as defined as permitted by agency policy and regulatory requirements.
9. Available for subject-to-call assignment as outlined in hire letter and as may be modified from time to time.
10. Assists in the smooth functioning of clinic operations by helping coworkers with phone answering, appointments, patient direction and assistance to exam/treatment rooms, and other routine clinic tasks on an occasional basis and as directed.
11. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
12. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
13. Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations pertaining to agency operations,to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
14. Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the assigned RN Supervisor or Program Director.
1. Current license and registration to practice nursing in the state of New York as a LPN.
2. Able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound participant alone, and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
5. Minimum of one year experience with frail elderly.
6. One (1) year skilled nursing facility, home care or hospital experience.
7. Successful completion of NLN proficiency in medication administration exam.
8. Use of telephone and availability by telephone
Interested candidates can apply directly at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Homecare-&-Hospice-1/jobs?clearPrefilter=1#cmp-skip-header-desktop
For any questions or for more information, please contact Human Resources at (716) 372-2106