NURSING SERVICES MANAGER
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Reporting to the Director of Patient Care Quality, is responsible for, but not limited to, the
supervision, development, implementation, and oversight of all agency nursing services and
related nursing care delivery. Will ensure service delivery goals through appropriate staffing and
utilization, the application of agency policy and procedure, and the establishment of positive
relationships with referral sources, governing entities, and service agencies.
- Maintains health and quality care standards in compliance with state/federal regulations.
- Develops and recommends patient care and operating policies and procedures in response to agency need or regulatory requirements.
- Serves as principal liaison to referral sources with regard to nursing service needs.
- Oversees inventory for nursing/medical supplies.
- Assists with the interviewing, screening, and orientation process for assigned staff and maintains appropriate departmental staffing to meet needs.
- Ensures communication of service needs and policies to patient services staff.
- Consults with Medical Director and/or Associate Medical Director in the development of policy recommendations related to nursing care delivery and quality issues.
- Assists with patient case management issues in collaboration with assigned nursing staff, Director of Clinical Services, medical staff, and as a participant in the interdisciplinary process as needed.
- Supervises and provides timely evaluations to assigned staff.
- Monitors nursing patient care planning, clinical skills, and required program documentation.
- Prepares, reviews and updates required data and reports.
- Prepares and manages subject-to-call rotation schedule, serving on an occasional/ intermittent and, as necessary, fill-in basis.
- Attends various meetings/events as assigned to represent agency.
- Promotes positive agency and staff relations.
- Provides on-site supervision and accessibility at all office locations on an intermittent or as needed basis.
- Communicates information from agency committees to leadership for discussion/ consideration; especially as it pertains to agency planning and needs.
- Serves as primary resource with regard to quality improvement programs/review systems and complaint resolution for all nursing services and ensures all necessary documentation and follow-up occur within the time-frames defined by agency/operational policy and procedure.
- Projects agency image in a professional, positive, and caring manner.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations, as pertaining to agency operations to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work are not a comprehensive statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the DOPCQ/CEO. The examples indicated are also subject to modification.
- A Baccalaureate degree in nursing; Master degree preferred.
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License and registration
- Four years’ experience in the supervision of home care services in a LHCSA, CHHA, LTHHCP, and/or HOSPICE or related setting. Experience with effective use of medications and treatments for pain and symptom control preferred.
- Experience with terminally ill patients
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective oral and written communication abilities.
- Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
- Successful completion of NLN medication administration proficiency examination.
- Use of, and availability by, telephone at home/off-site.
- Other requirements (physical) – see attached.