BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
the supervision of the Senior RN Care Coordinator (SRNCC), the RN Care
Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to, coordination of case
management, supervision of services staff, and provision of skilled nursing
services. The RN Care Coordinator will comply with agency policy and
procedures, as well as recommending employee development.
- Provides orientation, annual physical
assessments, inservice education, supervision and evaluation to
paraprofessional services staff and volunteers as may be assigned.
- Supervision and evaluation includes
direct oversight and documentation of paraprofessional performance in the home,
reporting unresolved performance issues of these staff directly to the Senior
RN Care Coordinator, coordinating supervisory matters relating to scheduling,
and timely completion of assigned paraprofessional evaluations.
- Ensures delivery of services within the
parameters defined by the patient plan of care and agency policy and procedure
tracking and monitoring that required supervisory or supervisory/assessment
visits are completed for assigned patients/clients and as requested for
paraprofessional staff and develops and updates the plan of care and required
- Provides direct hands on nursing care
to patients, as defined in the IDT plan of care, as scheduled and requested.
- Conducts initial assessments of new
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary
team, providing insight regarding patient and family needs and anticipated
- Serves as subject-to-call nurse on a
rotating basis as assigned.
- Assists in volunteer or staff training
and inservices as needed.
- Contacts IDT members on the behalf of
patients and families as may be necessary.
- Maintains liaisons with regional
community referral sources, vendors and contracted service facilities/organizations,
working diligently to ensure that a strong sense of collaboration and team building is
- Prepares required reports and completes
all documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with agency defined
- Maintains clinical excellence,
consistently advancing knowledge base and clinical skill sets.
14. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily
15. Serves on agency
committees as maybe assigned.
16. Maintains obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency
policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations, as pertaining
to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
17. Completes all mandatory in-service education programs and completes
any other additional in-service hours that are minimally required for the
above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that
may be inherent to the position. Other
duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Senior RN
Care Coordinator, Nursing Services Manager and/or Director of Clinical
- Current license and registration to practice nursing as a registered professional nurse in the State of New York. A minimum of two years full time or equivalent of recent applicable nursing experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone, and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
- Availability by telephone.
- Successful completion of NLN proficiency medication administration exam.
Interested candidates can send resumes and cover letters to:
For any questions or for more information, please contact Human Resources at (716) 372-2106