SENIOR RN (REGISTERED NURSE) CARE COORDINATOR
EXPOSURE CATEGORY I
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Does your heart belong to Nursing and you miss that one on one time with patients?!
FLEXIBLE HOURS – Monday through Friday – DAYTIME HOURS, remote work from home option available 2 days weekly
Paid Holidays-Sick time-Paid Vacation-Personal Days-Flex time
ADDITIONAL PAY and EARNED TIME OFF for Subject to Call hours
Regionally adjusted starting salary range of $30.50 – $36.00/hour based on education and experience, 35-hour work week.
Monday through Friday schedule (DAYTIME HOURS) with Subject to Call rotation.
Under the supervision of the Nursing Services Manager, the Senior RN Care Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to, day to day site and service supervision, coordination of case management, supervision of nursing and services staff, and provision of skilled nursing services. The Senior RN Care Coordinator will comply with agency policy and procedures, as well as recommend employee development.
- Provides orientation, annual physical assessments, inservice education, supervision and evaluation for nursing & services staff and volunteers as assigned. Supervision and evaluation includes the direct oversight and documentation of performance in the home, coordinating supervisory matters relating to scheduling, completion of the performance evaluation, and reporting unresolved concerns to the Nursing Services Manager.
- Ensures delivery of services is in accordance with defined policy and procedures. Monitors to ensure required patient/aide supervisory visits are completed per policy and regulations
- Determines the day-to-day professional case-assignment for incoming referrals and new admits, for the assigned site, under the direction of the Nursing Services Manager.
- Provides professional mentoring and monitoring of all nursing staff assigned to the site, including subject to call primary mentoring for new nursing staff.
- Maintains clinical excellence, consistently advancing knowledge base and clinical skill sets.
- Provides day-to-day coordination of nursing activities at assigned site, as well as all routine site needs in the absence of other on-site management personnel.
- Develops, implements and updates the nursing plan of care and required documentation. Provides skilled nursing case management visits, assessments and direct hands on care authorized by a physician and defined in the nursing plan of care. Completes all required documentation within time frames that meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensures new referrals are reviewed and processed for admission.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing insight regarding patient and family needs and anticipated needs.
- Serves as subject-to-call nurse on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Assists in volunteer or staff training and inservices as needed.
- Contacts team members on the behalf of patients and families as may be necessary.
- Maintains liaisons with regional community referral sources, vendors and contracted service facilities/organizations, working diligently to ensure that a strong sense of collaboration and team building is evident.
- Prepares required reports and completes all documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with agency defined parameters.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state, and local laws, and rules and regulations pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Nursing Services Manager and/or Chief Nursing Officer.
Position is located in BATAVIA, NY with remote work from home option available 2 days weekly
- Current license and registration to practice nursing as a registered professional nurse in the State of New York; BSN preferred.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone, and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
- A minimum of -four years full time or equivalent of recent applicable nursing experience. Nursing supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including use of email and basic Microsoft Office software; familiarity with EMR highly preferred.
- Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
- Availability by telephone.
- Successful completion of NLN proficiency medication administration exam.
Interested candidates can send resumes and cover letters to:
For any questions or for more information, please contact Human Resources at (716) 372-2106