Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
Work Hours Monday through Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm (35 hours/week)
Reporting to the CEO, serves as his/her confidential secretary and is responsible for, but not limited to, daily executive office organizational tasks and supportive senior management functions, supervision of assigned staff, record keeping for designated administrative functions, special and/or temporary project execution or oversight, clerical and logistical support for Boards of Directors, and principal secretarial management to enhance optimal workflow for the executive offices and senior team.
1. Accurate keyboarding, filing, and organization of executive office correspondence, reports, memos, proposals, contracts, etc.
2. Initiates action to insure timely and appropriate coordination of executive office mail delivery, filing systems, payable processing, appointment and meeting schedules. Receives all incoming calls and visitors for the executive offices, establishing Executive Office Associate position as primary contact to the CEO, CFO, CNO and Boards of Directors.
3. Attends boards of directors meetings, prepare minutes that accurately reflect business of the meeting, complete and distribute in a timely manner. Enhances communications between CEO/Agency and Boards in a timely and professional manner.
4. Prepares letters, reports, minutes, and analysis of data, as needed to support functions of the executive office and senior management, both under direction and independently.
5. Provides supervision and appropriate direction to assigned clerical support staff, ensuring that agency objectives are met as intended.
6. Completes record keeping and data entry for assigned administrative functions.
7. Seeks opportunities to resolve identified gaps in administrative support needs and purposes, demonstrating initiative and critical thinking skills.
8. Maintains professional demeanor in all interactions and seeks to deescalate issues that may interfere with optimal board and/or employee relations.
9. Promotes opportunities for employee recognition and engages or encourages appropriate corrective action when deemed necessary.
10. Manages and/or researches special projects or activities as may be assigned or that become inherent to functions of the position.
11. Enhances customer service objectives for internal and external constituents.
12. Maintains confidentiality of all executive office communications and materials.
13. Communicates information from agency committees or staff to CEO for discussion/ consideration, especially as it may pertain to emerging concerns or agency planning needs.
14. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
15. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
16. Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal,
state and local laws, and regulations, pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor
or identified compliance officer.
17. Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional
inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the Administrator/CEO.
1. Associate degree in secretarial science or equivalent program or high school diploma with a prescribed program of secretarial courses plus 3 years’ secretarial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor’s degree in human services or related area preferred with equivalent related experience.
2. Two (2) years (in addition to minimum requirements) of office support work experience, preferably in health-related work environment. Familiarity and experience with quality improvement activities, electronic medical records, and data entry preferred.
3. Skilled in computer operations and use/application of Microsoft office software.
4. Minimum accurate keyboarding speed of 55 wpm and speedwriting of 80 wpm.
5. Demonstrated organizational abilities.
6. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
7. Familiarity and competence with standard office machines such as copier, scanner, calculator,
and fax machine, etc.
8. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
9. Availability by telephone.
Job Type: Full-time