Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
Flexible Schedule – Monday through Friday
No major holidays
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the supervision of the Social Work Manager or Chief Nursing Officer, is responsible for, but not limited to, providing direct and supportive social services/counseling to patients and families as related to the qualifying illness/program participation, as determined by a plan of care, and providing consultation to other home care and hospice staff in accordance with established policy and procedure.
1. A master’s degree in social work obtained by successful completion of a prescribed course of study at a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and the Education Department, and current certification or license by the Education Department to practice social work in the State of New York.*
2. One year of social work experience in a health care setting.*
3. Knowledge of federal and state hospice/home care regulations preferred.
4. Demonstrated organizational and supervisory skills.
5. Effective oral and written communication abilities.
6. Acceptable driver’s license and use of automobile during work hours.
7. Use of telephone at home/off-site.
8. Availability by telephone.
9. Computer literacy.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Interested candidates can apply directly at http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Homecare-&-Hospice-1/jobs?clearPrefilter=1#cmp-skip-header-desktop
Please contact Human Resources at (716) 372-2106 with any questions.