Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
Under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for, but not limited to, providing direct and supportive social services/counseling to the patient and family as related to the qualifying illness, supervision of assigned staff, and providing consultation to other home care and hospice staff in accordance with established policy and procedure. The Social Work Manager will promote compliance with agency policy and procedures, as well as recommend opportunities for organizational and employee development.
1. Supervises, evaluates guides, encourages, and maximizes effectiveness of assigned staff.
2. Establishes the initial plan of care for the patient and family in conjunction with the assigned RN and the attending physician, as authorized.
3. Performs, reviews and approves social work assessments.
4. Completes clinical record entries in a timely manner and in conjunction with patient/family visits and services provided; periodically reviews documentation of assigned staff in patient clinical records.
5. Provides counseling and referral services to the patient and family, including social, financial, emotional and crisis intervention needs as may be necessary. Assesses patient and family psychosocial response to the presenting illness.
6. Attends interdisciplinary team, case conference, and quality improvement meetings as required.
7. Assists the assigned RN, attending physician, and others in understanding the significant social and emotional factors of the patient and family related to the qualifying illness.
8. Serves as a liaison with community agencies, and coordinates the delivery of social work services to maximize effectiveness, as well as eliminate duplication with contracting and cooperating services.
9. Ensures the timely implementation of the bereavement plan of care; manages associated staff and supervises completion of related required reports.
10. Ensures the timely implementation of supervision, support and family independence services, the managing of associated staff; responds to related required reports and networks with social service managers to resolve issues related to programming.
11. Provides case management of assigned social work programs.
12. Prepares required reports and documentation.
13. Participates as appropriate in staff inservice education, training, orientation, and the promotion of home care philosophy and program of care through community education.
14. Provides emotional support and counseling to hospice team members as needed.
15. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
16. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
17. Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations pertaining to agency operation, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
18. Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Chief Nursing Officer or Administrator/CEO.
1. A master’s degree in social work obtained by successful completion of a prescribed course of study at a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and the Education Department.
2. Current certification or license by the Education Department to practice social work in the State of New York.
3. One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
4. Knowledge of federal and state hospice/home care regulations preferred.
5. Demonstrated organizational and supervisory skills.
6. Effective oral and written communication abilities.
7. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
8. Availability by phone.
9. Other requirements (physical) – see attached.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates can apply directly through Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=homecare%20%26%20hospice&l=Wellsville%2C%20NY&advn=3711589486224812&vjk=ee852725a92147a0