Last Updated -
1225 W State Street, Olean, NY
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:30am-4:30pm, remote work from home option available 2 days weekly
Starting salary range of $29.00-$34.50/hour based on education and experience, 35-hour work week.
Progressive, family friendly STC Rotation
RN (REGISTERED NURSE) CARE COORDINATOR
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the supervision of the Senior RN Care Coordinator (SRNCC), the RN Care Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to, coordination of case management, supervision of services staff, and provision of skilled nursing services. The RN Care Coordinator will comply with agency policy and procedures, as well as recommending employee development.
1. Provides orientation, annual physical assessments, inservice education, supervision and evaluation to paraprofessional services staff and volunteers as may be assigned.
2. Supervision and evaluation, includes direct oversight and documentation of paraprofessional performance in the home, reporting unresolved performance issues of these staff directly to the Senior RN Care Coordinator, coordinating supervisory matters relating to scheduling, and timely completion of assigned paraprofessional evaluations.
3. Ensures delivery of services within the parameters defined by the patient plan of care and agency policy and procedure tracking and monitoring that required supervisory or supervisory/assessment visits are completed for assigned patients/clients and as requested for paraprofessional staff and develops and updates the plan of care and required documentation.
4. Provides direct hands on nursing care to patients, as defined in the IDT plan of care, as scheduled and requested.
5. Conducts initial assessments of new referrals.
6. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team, providing insight regarding patient and family needs and anticipated needs.
7. Serves as subject-to-call nurse on a rotating basis as assigned.
8. Assists in volunteer or staff training and inservices as needed.
9. Contacts IDT members on the behalf of patients and families as may be necessary.
10. Maintains liaisons with regional community referral sources, vendors and contracted service facilities/organizations, working diligently to ensure that a strong sense of collaboration and team building is evident.
11. Prepares required reports and completes all documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with agency defined parameters.
12. Maintains clinical excellence, consistently advancing knowledge base and clinical skill sets.
13. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
14. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
15. Maintains obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations, as pertaining to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
16. Completes all mandatory in-service education programs and completes any other additional in-service hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Senior RN Care Coordinator, Nursing Services Manager and/or Director of Clinical Services.
1. Current license and registration to practice nursing as a registered professional nurse in the State of New York. A minimum of two years full time or equivalent of recent applicable nursing experience is preferred.
2. Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone, and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
5. Computer literacy and ability to work in an Electronic Medical Record.
6. Availability by telephone
7. Successful completion of NLN proficiency medication administration exam.
Position is located in Batavia, NY with remote work from home option available 2 days weekly.
Interested candidates can send resumes and cover letters to:
For any questions or for more information, please contact Human Resources at (716) 372-2106